Friday, November 1, 2013

KA-BAM!

1 DPT



Today was a great day. It is 1 DPT and IUI day. I tested this morning to gauge where I'm at and will continue testing out the trigger. I have 49 tests on standby. Actually.. I have more than that. I'm sort of ashamed of the collection I've got going. But I have 49 cheapies. Because you know... 14 wasn't enough to cover for the 2ww.






Now for the moment we've been waiting for.. I have been so incredibly nervous all day for my appt. I'm not sure what I was nervous about, to be honest. S's SA from a while back came back fantastic and there was nothing found on my side... I think I was just nervous for the process? Either way, I had no reason to be nervous.

The nurse to me back and had me undress waist down. Nothing new there.. RE came in and we double checked all of our info and made sure they had the right sperm. :/ I think that's what also had me nervous. What if they got me pregnant with another dudes baby?!?! Anyways.. He gave me S's count.. 104 mil pre-wash. 69 post-wash. AMAZING! He told me they just wanted 10mil. So the 69 from S was fantastic. I was so happy to hear those numbers. It helped ease my mind.

Got myself turkey basted and laid on the table for 15ish minutes. Now.. I know laying there doesn't necessarily help much, but hey.. It can't hurt at this point. Tomorrow night I will start progesterone suppositories and will continue them for at least 2 weeks. Depending on if AF shows or I get a true positive HPT will decide what happens next. If I get a positive, I'll go in for a beta and most likely more progesterone.  If AF... Well, we'll be back on the list for IUI in another couple months.

6 comments:

  1. Yay! Those are awesome post wash numbers. For what it's worth, my RE showed me the sperm moving up to the uterus and tubes during one of my IUIs. He had medical students and was showing them how in less than 15 minutes that the sperm would be in the tubes and ready to meet the egg. It's pretty cool to watch. For him, he said normally it doesn't matter to lay still but for the IUI and stuff he said he thinks it gives it a more relaxed environment to get where it needs to go. FX for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is seriously so awesome you got to watch. I wish I could have watched. That makes me feel better about laying down afterward! That makes complete sense though. Thanks boo<3

      Delete
  2. Woot, woot! Glad everything worked out this cycle for you, lady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Those are great post wash numbers. I am keeping everything crossed for you.

    ReplyDelete