Saturday, September 14, 2013

Hi

So. My last post was very raw and in the moment. After I wrote it, I kept trying to figure out how to explain to S how I was feeling. The next day, I wrote him a letter. I told him straight away it was solely to try and help him understand my disappointment and feelings.

I wrote it the day I left for Vegas. I assume he read it as it was not where I left it for him and I gave him a heads up he had a note. He hasn't mentioned it yet. I'm not sure if it helped understand or what to be honest. I think it did though.

Since I've been back, the whole two days, he has had a much nicer demeanor towards me and helping a lot more with C. In turn it has made me a lot more relaxed and not as up tight. In the letter I wrote I mentioned that we need to work on communication because I think that is really our big issue. We suck at communicating. In the world we live in today, we are stuck on our phones and computers. I suggested making a new rule that we have at least 1 hour of no technology. That way we can sit together, talk, and play with C. Uninterrupted. I am very optimistic that this will get things back on track

I'm hoping we'll talk about things again on Monday when he's off.



Vegas. Was amazing. It was such a fun time and a great mommy break. I am happy I was able to see a friend that I haven't seen since I left Italy. It was seriously the best reunion ever. We didn't even really do a whole lot. We mainly walked around the strip and hotels. I was in awe. We had the dinner buffet at MGM. It was alright, but could have been better. We also had the brunch buffet at Monte Carlo. That was some delicious food. No joke.

We got hit on. Got free shots. Had strangers want pictures with us. It was seriously an interesting trip. But so much fun. My mom and I are already planning to try and go back. Next time we'll actually see a show and what not. PLUS. There's this game on FB you can play and win coins to exchange for events/items in Vegas. Our dinner and brunch buffet, were payed for from this game. It's called myVegas. It is great. I'll keep playing to get more free stuff.


NY NY

Toy Story guys on the street

Jellies at the Shark Reef Aquarium in Mandalay Bay

The Venetian- bringing us back to where we met

The Venetian ceiling piece 

Brunch! At Monte Carlo- the best

Lit up

Love these girls 
Dolphin garden at our hotel Mirage
Sting Ray at the aquarium

All of us at SeƱor Frogs

And just because, here's some pictures of our afternoon at the beach.







In other news. We are probably going to a wedding next weekend. A childhood friend of S is getting married where they are from. It looks like we'll be making the 7-8 hour drive up for the weekend to try and attend. I'm not entirely thrilled about this. S got a fairly nasty message from the mother of the bride about how could he not RSVP (mind you, he spoke w/ the bride to be) and how they've known him since he was young and he should be there. Blah blah blah. Well.. They didn't come to our wedding. Nor send a congrats. Or anything. So.. Not to be all "you didn't come to mine so I'm not going to yours" but that's how I feel. S' schedule is already ridiculous and we have limited time with him why should we go out of our way for a whole weekend for you..

Anyways.. I'm obviously a little irritated. On top of that, on the invite it mentioned nothing about it being a no kids wedding. But the other day S got a text from BTB saying there isn't going to be children under 15. Well.. We don't have anyone up there that can watch C. And I wont leave him for another 3 days with my mom.  Not after just being away from him for 3 days already. So our choices are limited. We don't go, they say it's okay for C to come, or S goes alone.  Hopefully something gets figured out soon. I'm getting irritated at the whole situation. I really hope they get over it and C can go. I had the cutest outfit for all of us to wear. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment