Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Liberation

It's been decided. Cycle 15 is going to be an attempt at relaxing and "letting it happen." What's the worst that could happen... I don't get pregnant? Best case scenario... I magically get pregnant because I "relaxed."

In reality, I need this break from temping and peeing on sticks. The last year and a half I've spent days obsessing and over analyzing every little temp spike, every line, and every twinge of my body. I owe it to myself to take a chill pill before we have our first IUI.

I'm not tossing the thermometer out just yet, just putting it in a safe hiding place. I'm not ready to completely let it go. But the feeling is quite liberating.

This decision was made in part as we weren't able to bump IUI to this month. I was really hoping to bump IUI up as we recently found out S's paperwork to transfer was approved. It is now a waiting game to see when they need him to go somewhere else. As much as I was hoping for it to be ASAP, I am now biting nails hoping they hold off until after June. At the earliest. Funny how life goes.

1 comment: