Monday, March 18, 2013

A little background, shall we?

Hi guys. I'm not sure how well this bloggy blog will work out but it's worth a shot. I'll start with a little background and why I'm going to attempt blogging. 

In August 2011 we welcomed the sweetest little man anyone could wish for. He is the absolute light of our life. He is such a smart child. In February 2012 we decided we would start trying to get pregnant with baby G 2.0. Ditched the birth control and the games began. I got pregnant in March but it ended with a chemical pregnancy. We were lucky enough to not have to take a break before starting again. 




Fast forward one year. Spent a year TTGP with no further luck. S and I had a talk about pursuing medical help. We agreed to go forward and start testing. I had the consult with our Reproductive Endocrinologist (RE) in January. All necessary testing was ordered and scheduled. 

S had his SA and all came back normal. I had an HSG and various blood work. All coming back clear as well. A dreaded Unexplained Infertility diagnosis was made. 


Present time: I am in the waiting to ovulate camp. Finally saw my positive OPK this morning. We'll get to banging tonight when S is off work. This is our last chance at conceiving without medical intervention. If this cycle is a bust, we will start clomid and IUI. I decided I was taking this cycle out with a bang and trying the 'wives tales' of TTGP. Drinking POM juice from about CD6, typically they say start at CD1, until ovulation. Increased water intake, I am drinking lemon water in hopes to help balance pH as well as increase cervical mucous. Once ovulation happens, I'll start eating pineapple core. Will be making a smoothie for this. Pineapple core contains Bromelain which is said to help with implantation of the embryo. We'll see if all this pays off. 


Moving on... 


I'm hoping to use this as an outlet to vent frustration, share joy, save our memories. I'm sure this will mainly be TTC related with random touches of other aspects. 



No comments:

Post a Comment